Discover the allure of the "Vase Moon Jar," a timeless homage to late Joseon period porcelain. Standing at Ø 40 cm and H. 57 cm, this masterpiece captures the essence of its historic inspiration with a sand finish. True to tradition, it's crafted by seamlessly joining two hemispherical halves. The subtle peach glaze, a beautiful accident from the firing process, adds to its charm. Enhance your space with this exquisite nod to Korean artistry and history, making it a centerpiece of elegance and heritage.
The Vase Moon Jar is inspired by an 18th-century Korean porcelain moon jar—named for its softly curved form and milky-white color—in the collection of The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Moon jars, which were popular in the 18th and 19th centuries during the Joseon dynasty (1392–1910), were typically crafted in two halves and then joined by hand. The moon jar that inspired this vase has in some spots turned a light peachycolor as part of the firing process. These imperfections recall the beauty of nature. The Vase Moon Jar has a serene sand finish.
- Dia16 x H22 in | Weight 20lbs
- Dia40 x H57 cm | Weight 9kgs
- Material | Fiberclay
- FREE Shipping within USA on orders over $499.
- Quick Ship items ship within 3 - 5 business days.
- Products in stock in EU ship in 4 - 8 weeks and are custom ordered from Europe. For this reason, all sales are final.
- You may request an order cancellation as long as it is received within 24 hours of completing your purchase.
- Read more about our Shipping & Return Policy.