Elevate your decor with the "Vase Moon Jar," an embodiment of late Joseon porcelain elegance. Measuring Ø 40 cm with a height of 57 cm, this piece echoes tradition with its sand finish and unique silhouette. Meticulously crafted, it seamlessly blends two hemispherical halves. The delicate peach glaze, an unexpected gift from the firing process, enhances its allure. Paying homage to Korean heritage and artistry, this vase with a longer neck and rounded base adds sophistication and a touch of history to your space.
The Vase Moon Jar is inspired by an 18th-century Korean porcelain moon jar—named for its softly curved form and milky-white color—in the collection of The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Moon jars, which were popular in the 18th and 19th centuries during the Joseon dynasty (1392–1910), were typically crafted in two halves and then joined by hand. The moon jar that inspired this vase has in some spots turned a light peachycolor as part of the firing process. These imperfections recall the beauty of nature. The Vase Moon Jar has a serene sand finish.
- Dia16 x H22 in | Weight 15lbs
- Dia40 x H57 cm | Weight 7kgs
- Material | Fiberclay
- FREE Shipping within USA on orders over $499.
- Quick Ship items ship within 3 - 5 business days.
- Products in stock in EU ship in 4 - 8 weeks and are custom ordered from Europe. For this reason, all sales are final.
- You may request an order cancellation as long as it is received within 24 hours of completing your purchase.
- Read more about our Shipping & Return Policy.