Elevate your décor with the "Vase Calyx-Krater," a stunning homage to classical beauty. Crafted with precision, this vase features a pristine white finish, standing at Ø 63 cm and H. 84 cm. Inspired by Roman peristyle courtyards and gardens, it exudes timeless elegance. Adorned with six graceful female figures, it pays tribute to classical reliefs. Whether displayed indoors or in your garden, this piece brings the artistry of ancient Greece to your space, encapsulating centuries of beauty.
The Vase Calyx-Krater is influenced by an Imperial-period Roman marble vessel (1st century A.D.) at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Many gardens and courtyards of villas owned by the wealthy were adorned with ornaments such as this vase along with sculptures and fountains. In the long-held traditions of Greek art from centuries earlier, these pieces were highly decorative, with motifs such as the six female figures seen on this vase, which were adapted from well-known classical reliefs. One side shows three maenads, followers of Dionysos, dancing to the music of wooden clappers, while on the other side, two modestly wrapped maidens approach a girl playing a double flute. This reproduction has been handcrafted in a crisp white finish.
- Dia25 x H33 in | Weight 60lbs
- Dia63x H84 cm | Weight 27kgs
- Materials | Fiber glass
- FREE Shipping within USA on orders over $499.
- Quick Ship items ship within 3 - 5 business days.
- Products in stock in EU ship in 4 - 8 weeks and are custom ordered from Europe. For this reason, all sales are final.
- You may request an order cancellation as long as it is received within 24 hours of completing your purchase.
- Read more about our Shipping & Return Policy.