The "Candle Holder Carnier," in its vintage brass finish and measuring Ø 11 cm by H. 24 cm, boasts timeless charm inspired by the allure of cut and polished chalcedony in ancient times. Beyond its visual appeal, this candle holder hints at apotropaic beliefs, adding a touch of mystique to your decor. The facetted pieces that grace this piece might even be reimagined from older objects, transforming them into neo-classical treasures that merge history and style seamlessly.
The Candleholder Carnier takes its aesthetic cues from a candlestick (ca. 1775–90) thought to be French and now in the collection at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Cut and polished chalcedony, a type of quartz, has long been popular in the design of jewellery and precious objects for its perceived apotropaic powers that ward off evil. The faceted pieces of chalcedony in the Neoclassical example that inspired our candleholder were possibly recut from older objects. This highly sophisticated reproduction has been designed in a vintage brass finish.
- Dia4 x H9 in | Weight 2lbs
- Dia11x H11 cm | Weight 1kg
- Material | Iron
- FREE Shipping within USA on orders over $499.
- Quick Ship items ship within 3 - 5 business days.
- Products in stock in EU ship in 4 - 8 weeks and are custom ordered from Europe. For this reason, all sales are final.
- You may request an order cancellation as long as it is received within 24 hours of completing your purchase.
- Read more about our Shipping & Return Policy.