The object "Artemis Column" pays homage to the grandeur of the Temple of Artemis at Sardis. Handcrafted from marble, each piece is a unique work of art, marked by variations in color and veining. Measuring W. 24 cm, D. 22 cm, and H. 45 cm, it echoes the architectural splendor of the original column, which stood over fifty-eight feet tall. The intricate foliate carving on the capital and the elaborate torus base reflect the unparalleled craftsmanship of the era. This column stands as a testament to ancient architectural mastery.
The Object Artemis Column is inspired by a marble column (ca. 300 B.C.) from the Temple of Artemis at Sardis, a highlight of The Met’s Greek and Roman art collection. The massive section of a fluted Ionic column, which stood at over 58 feet tall in its original location, showcases delicate foliate carvings on the capital—a unique feature among the surviving columns from the temple. The marble reproduction column boasts elegant ridged elements in homage to the column’s detailing and is crafted in marble, which rests on a black plinth.
- W9 x D9 x H18 in | Weight 48lbs
- W24 x D22 x H45 cm | Weight 22kgs
- Materials | Marble
- FREE Shipping within USA on orders over $499.
- Quick Ship items ship within 3 - 5 business days.
- Products in stock in EU ship in 4 - 8 weeks and are custom ordered from Europe. For this reason, all sales are final.
- You may request an order cancellation as long as it is received within 24 hours of completing your purchase.
- Read more about our Shipping & Return Policy.