The object "Artemis Capital" captures the essence of the iconic Ionic columns from the Temple of Artemis at Sardis. Crafted from cast metal with a rich bronze finish, this piece measures L. 48.5 cm, W. 27.5 cm, and H. 19 cm. Inspired by the grandeur of the original columns that once soared over fifty-eight feet high, it showcases delicate foliate carving on the capital and an intricate torus base with a vegetal scale-like pattern. This capital, a slightly smaller rendition, echoes the masterful craftsmanship of its ancient counterpart. A testament to timeless architectural elegance.
The Object Artemis Capital is inspired by a marble column (ca. 300 B.C.) from the Temple of Artemis at Sardis, a highlight of The Met’s Greek and Roman art collection. The massive section of a fluted Ionic column, which stood at over 58 feet tall in its original location, showcases delicate foliate carvings on the capital—a unique feature among the surviving columns from the temple. The cast metal capital with a bronze finish, boasts elegant ridged elements in homage to the column’s detailing and as a decorative object is to be rested flat on a tabletop surface.
- W19 x D11 x H7 in | Weight 15lbs
- W49 x D28 x H19 cm | Weight 7kgs
- Material | Metal
- FREE Shipping within USA on orders over $499.
- Quick Ship items ship within 3 - 5 business days.
- Products in stock in EU ship in 4 - 8 weeks and are custom ordered from Europe. For this reason, all sales are final.
- You may request an order cancellation as long as it is received within 24 hours of completing your purchase.
- Read more about our Shipping & Return Policy.