The "Object Acanthus" draws inspiration from an exquisite marble pilaster adorned with intricate acanthus scrolls. Handcrafted from sandstone, each piece carries a unique character with variations in color and texture. Measuring L. 120.5 cm, W. 26 cm, and with a height of 6 cm, it brings the grandeur of Roman artistry into your space. The pilaster, featuring an array of birds among its acanthus scrolls, evokes the imperial splendor of ancient Rome and adds a touch of historical elegance to your decor.
The Object Acanthus draws inspiration from a Roman marble pilaster with acanthus scrolls (1st half of 1st century A.D.) at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. The pilaster, decorated with architectural acanthus scrolls and a variety of birds, is presumably from a public building. Similar carvings are found on major imperial monuments in Rome, as well as funerary altars and smaller objects such as Arretine pottery and silver drinking bowls. Our reproduction piece has been finely handcrafted in a sandstone finish.
- W10 x D2 x H47 in | Weight 88lbs
- W26 x D6 x H121 cm | Weight 40kgs
- Material | Sandstone
- FREE Shipping within USA on orders over $499.
- Quick Ship items ship within 3 - 5 business days.
- Products in stock in EU ship in 4 - 8 weeks and are custom ordered from Europe. For this reason, all sales are final.
- You may request an order cancellation as long as it is received within 24 hours of completing your purchase.
- Read more about our Shipping & Return Policy.