The object "Sphinx of Hatshepsut" captures the regal essence of the female pharaoh. Handcrafted from granite, each piece is a unique work of art, marked by variations in color and veining. Measuring W. 59 cm, D. 16.5 cm, and H. 28 cm, this colossal sphinx melds the strength of a lion with the idealized beauty of Pharaoh Hatshepsut. It once graced her mortuary temple at Deir el-Bahri, a testament to her powerful reign. This piece, echoing the great sphinx of Giza, stands as a symbol of enduring Egyptian artistry and history.
The Object Sphinx of Hatshepsut is a reproduction of a colossal Egyptian sphinx (ca. 1479–1458 B.C.) at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York. Depicting the female pharaoh Hatshepsut with the body of a lion and a human head wearing a headcloth and false beard, the imposing granite statue, which displays powerful lion-like musculature, was one of at least six granite sphinxes that stood in Hatshepsut's mortuary temple at Deir el-Bahri. This reproduction has been crafted in granite in homage to the original.
- W23 x D7 x H11 in | Weight 88lbs
- W59 x D17 x H28 cm | Weight 40kgs
- Materials | Marble
- FREE Shipping within USA on orders over $499.
- Quick Ship items ship within 3 - 5 business days.
- Products in stock in EU ship in 4 - 8 weeks and are custom ordered from Europe. For this reason, all sales are final.
- You may request an order cancellation as long as it is received within 24 hours of completing your purchase.
- Read more about our Shipping & Return Policy.